Вышел релиз Slackware-13.0 и Slackware-64bit-13.0
Список некоторых изменений:
- Runs the 126.96.36.199 version of the Linux kernel from ftp.kernel.org.
Also included is a kernel patched with Speakup to support speech
synthesizers providing access to Linux for the visually impaired
community. The 2.6.x kernel series has matured into a stable
kernel, and provides reliable performance for your desktop or
your production server.
- System binaries are linked with the GNU C Library, version 2.9.
This version of glibc also has excellent compatibility with
- X11 based on the X.Org Foundation's modular X Window System.
There's been much activity in the X development world, and the
improvements in terms of performance and hardware support are
too numerous to mention them all here.
- Installs gcc-4.3.3 as the default C, C++, Objective-C,
Fortran-77/95, and Ada 95 compiler.
- Support for fully encrypted network connections with OpenSSL,
OpenSSH, OpenVPN, and GnuPG.
- Apache (httpd) 2.2.13 web server with Dynamic Shared Object
support, SSL, and PHP 5.2.10.
- PCMCIA, CardBus, USB, IEE1394 (FireWire) and ACPI support. This
makes Slackware a great operating system for your laptop.
- The udev dynamic device management system for Linux 2.6.x.
This locates and configures most hardware automatically as it
is added (or removed) from the system, and creates the access
nodes in /dev. It also loads the kernel modules required by
sound cards and other hardware at boot time.
- New development tools, including Perl 5.10.0, Python 2.6.2,
Ruby 1.8.7-p174, Subversion 1.6.4, git-1.6.4, mercurial-1.2.1,
graphical tools like Qt designer and KDevelop, and much more.
- Updated versions of the Slackware package management tools make it
easy to add, remove, upgrade, and make your own Slackware packages.
Package tracking makes it easy to upgrade from Slackware 12.2 to
Slackware 13.0 (see CHANGES_AND_HINTS.TXT). The slackpkg tool can
also help update from an older version of Slackware to a newer one,
and keep your Slackware system up to date. In addition, the
slacktrack utility (in extra/) will help you build and maintain
your own packages.
- Web browsers galore! Includes KDE's Konqueror 4.2.4,
SeaMonkey 1.1.17 (this is the replacement for the Mozilla
Suite), and the immensely popular Firefox 3.5.2, as well as
the Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 email and news client with advanced
junk mail filtering.
- The complete K Desktop Environment (KDE) version 4.2.4, including
the KOffice productivity suite, networking tools, GUI development
with KDevelop, multimedia tools (including the amazing Amarok
music player and K3B disc burning software), the Konqueror web
browser and file manager, dozens of games and utilities,
international language support, and more.
- A collection of GTK+ based applications including pidgin-2.5.9,
gimp-2.6.6, gkrellm-2.3.2, gxine-0.5.903, xchat-2.8.6, xsane-0.996,
- A repository of extra software packages compiled and ready to run.
This includes the Java(TM) 2 Software Development Kit Standard
Edition, an MPlayer browser plugin, alternate Intel video drivers
for X, and more (see the /extra directory).
- Many more improved and upgraded packages than we can list here.
Поскольку я давно использую bluewhite64-current (практически полный аналог slackware-current), то могу сказать: все работает четко и ожидаемо.
KDE-4.3.0 появится в slackware-current сразу после начала работы над -current (в BW64 включен)
"No! Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda